Now that you have health coverage, here is what you can do to put your health first and live a long and healthy life.
1. Confirm your coverage
2. Know where to go for answers
3. Find a provider
4. Make an appointment
5. Fill your prescriptions
1. Confirm your coverage:
- Be sure your enrollment is complete.
- Contact your healthplan and/or state Medicaid office.
- Pay your premium if you have one, so you can use your health coverage when you need it.
2. Know where to go for answers:
- Contact your health plan to see what services are covered, and what your costs will be.
- Read the Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You to learn about key health insurance
terms, like coinsurance, and deductible.
3. Find a provider:
- Select a health care provider in your network who will work with you to get your recommended
- Remember you might pay more if you see a provider who is out-of-network.
4. Make an appointment:
- Confirm your provider accepts your coverage.
- Talk to your provider about preventive services.
- Ask questions about your concerns and what you can do to stay healthy.
5. Fill your prescriptions:
- Fill any prescriptions you need.
- Some drugs cost more than others. Ask in advance how much your prescription costs and if
there is a more affordable option.